Tuesday, October 2, 2018

10/2/18 Development Update

Hello everyone and welcome to another development update for my game Hero Soul. This has been a pretty landmark week for my game. I finished implementation of some major systems in the game. Let's get started.

Continuing from last week, much of the work this week has went into finishing up the rune forging system of the game. As a reminder, rune forging is the mechanic that allows you to add stats or additional effects to your cards. As of this week most if not all of the milestones for this system have been met. So allow me explain the system in its current state. Right now all cards have 3 rune slots. Each of these slots can house a rune, each of which modify the spell in some way. All cards start with at least 1 of these slots open, with the option of unlocking the others. The starting unlocked slots depends on the rarity with rare cards having 2 slots unlocked by default. Cards and rune effects have been segregated to types and only certain runes can be added to certain cards. Runes are obtained either through exploration or purchased in the shop. While most functionality is now implemented, I still need to do a bit more polish work on this system.


Moving on, I also had the chance of getting save and loading system to work. This was actually a long journey for me as I struggled to organize which data I wanted to store. Understandably this system is not as visually appealing as the rune forging system but this was a real big step for me towards a finished game. Additionally, I've also begun work on implementing the UI and functionality for the options menu. Hopefully this will be more finished by next week!

Finally I also began work implementing the enemy behavior for the 4th level of the game, the Tomb of Galahad. For this set of enemies I really wanted to take a step up increasing the complexity of their patterns as well as making them smarter and more reactive to the player.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...