Wednesday, October 31, 2018

10/31/18 Development Update

Hello and welcome back to another development update for my game Hero Soul.

This week I've implemented one of the scenarios that will be available for the Koros Forest level.  The outline of the scenario follows. When the player enters the forest the player will get a cut scene which introduces the player tot he event happening. After the cut scene they will receive a quest that details what they need to do in the level for the end room to unlock. When all the required quest objectives are complete, players will then have access to the boss room, in which a themed boss fight will occur based on the level's scenario. After the boss fight the player will then get to make a story decision based on 3 choices, justice, compassion, and strength. Justice decisions will usually have decision based on that characters morality, compassion will be the more based on saving people, and strength will mostly decisions that are difficult to make.


Players will get the UI below. I really liked the tarot card designs for the cards since the determine fates. Anyways player must choose a decision out of the 3. These decisions will have bearing on other procedurally generated content in later levels.

Moving forward I would like to work on the next event the forest and then move on to the other levels.

That's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...