Sunday, April 8, 2018

4/8/18 Development Update

Hi and welcome to another weekly development update!

Let's start this update off with a bit of quality of life improvements. This week I've added somethings that hopefully make the game easier to learn. Below is a diagram I made to help new players learn the controller controls.


Moving on, I also made the minimap a bit easier to read. I changed the special rooms, bosses, and exits to now display unique icons, to hopefully make it easier to understand and overall make the map "pop".

Additionally I also added persistence of items between rooms. Before any loose items left on the ground would vanish when leaving and transitioning between rooms. Now, any unpicked up items will now remain when you return to the room.

Controller support has also been brought to the shop menus in dungeons or in town.

Finally I began converting the old alchemy menu and UI to fit the current style, but this proved to be a bit more work than I anticipated.

I also added a new puzzle to the pool for the start forest level. It is a classic order puzzle where you must light runes in the correct order to complete the puzzle. I think this puzzle, while simplistic in nature, turned out quite well when some audio queues were added.

That's it for this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...