Monday, April 16, 2018

4/15/18 Development Update

Hi and welcome to another development update!

There have been quite a few changes since last week which includes the addition of many SFX assets and animations to better polish the game as well as working more on the AI behind the companion

Other than that, I also did some extensive work on the dialogue system as pictured below. The changes were mainly inspired by the dialogue system seen in Tales of Zestiria. This includes multiple characters, including your companion and highlighting the speaker. This is in hopes to introducing different dialogues when different combinations of companions are selected. And of course the most important feature, skipping dialogue. Moving forward I'd like to do some more tuning and polishing of this system.


I've also added in a new puzzle, the mosaic. Every level will have a mosaic, by playing the dungeon players will have a chance to receive a mosaic piece to add to the mosaic. When the mosaic is complete players will receive a reward!

Speaking of rewards, I also edited how treasure chests work, instead of opening a complex menu, it instead shoots all the items out on the floor, since items will now remain after leaving a room!

That's it for this week tune in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...