Monday, September 10, 2018

9/10/18 Development Update

Hello all and welcome back to the development updates for my game Hero Soul! It has been a long time since I posted here! So what's changed since I last updated, well... a lot simply put. So, instead of getting into the nitty gritty I thought for this first update I would go over a sort of road map for development of the game.

So in its current state the game is in that delicious grey territory of the development process. Many of the systems and mechanics have been solidly established and now I am moving towards developing the narrative of that game to tie all the mechanics and systems together. Moving forward, there will be less updates on new mechanics and systems implemented and more updates about progress into the story.

So let's get down to brass tacks. There are still a few systems that need to be finished. Namely:

1. The Hero Soul Talent Tree
2. The Rune System
3. The Companion System

and of course a few additional miscellaneous systems that will need to change as development continues.

I currently have about 6/12 of the levels created and story wise, the tutorial level for the first character Cecilia is finished along with the first and second levels. Moving forward I would like work for the story to progress up to the 6th level by November.

That's pretty much it for now and I will return to the normal format for updates starting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...