Sunday, November 19, 2017

11/19/17 Development Update

Hello all! Welcome back to another weekly update for my game Hero Soul. This was a pretty eventful week.

First off, I flushed out the caves I was working on last week. Here's a picture below:


As of now the caves level is not quite a fully functional dungeon, thought many aspects are done. Most of the rooms, the loot tables, the levels have been finished. All that's really left now is the hard part, creating the enemies and most importantly the boss.

Moving on, I also started work on a major system for the game. Magic in my game is handled through the Arcana system where players use cards to cast spells. Currently there is still a lot of work that still needs to be done and this week I took a step forward. A key component to the Arcana System is the player's ability to create their own Arcana Decks to use. To do this, a deck building system needed to be built up. Below is the first progress I have made on the deck building system.



This first prototype is heavily derived from Hearthstone's deck builder which I like because of it's simplicity. Moving forward, I'd like to see how this turns out . ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...