Sunday, November 12, 2017

11/12/17 Development Update

Hello and welcome back to another development update! If you haven't  noticed already, my game now has a logo, created by the artists Eadgear and ElieTaping, who did the character art and logo art respectively.

On that note, let's start the update.A lot of this week has been working on the break skill system and editing other systems to fit with it. Here's a video on what a break skill looks like. The video below shows a sample break skill this character will have available to them.

Essentially these are powerful skills that build up over time, after being attacked or doing damage. These break skills will be tied into a future system, which I will discuss later. Characters will also have multiple "levels" of break, where each level unleashes a stronger skill. (Similar to fighting games like Street Fighter). There is still much more work that needs to be done!

I also spent this week creating more rooms for my game. This included more rooms for the first level, the forest zone and starting work on a new zone. This is mainly to increase the variance when a player enters a level. I really want players to see less repeated rooms when the a dungeon is generated. Additionally, I've been thinking of ways to spice rooms up. Instead of always having rooms filled with monsters maybe have rooms with puzzles? I'm excited to see if I can! I'll leave off this week teasing the new level in development. Stay tuned. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...