Sunday, November 5, 2017

11/5/2017 Development Update

Howdy all! I'm here for another development update for my game Hero Soul.

First off, the bugs found in the Halloween Expo have mostly been fixed! On that note I want to talk about some of the fixes. Aside from the glaring bugs, a big thing that I noticed was the lack of clarity with the player's "special skill", the right mouse click. For the first character, Cecilia, her special skill is a dash where the player holds and releases the right mouse button. The longer the mouse key is held, the further they will go and more damage they will deal. However I noticed that many players just clicked instead of holding. To increase the clarity of this, a charge bar has been added.

Example of player charging
Now, when a player uses the dash "special skill" they will see a bar in addition to the visual queue of the character sprite turning red. Hopefully this will allow people to grasp the charge mechanic better.

For this update I'd like to also discuss another game mechanic that I am in the process of implementing the "Break Skill"(totally not a limit break rip off). In my opinion nothing makes a player genuinely feel like a hero unless they have an over-the-top super ability. Along those lines, I have decided to begin implementing this feature. Pretty much, as you attack and get hurt your "Break Meter" will fill up. When it is sufficiently full, you are then allowed to use you "Break Skill" or super power. These "Break Skills" will be associated with the Hero Soul, but that's for another time. I'm still working out the details of this so stay tuned!




===>







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...