Sunday, January 21, 2018

1/21/18 Development Update

Welcome to another weekly development update for my game Hero Soul! For this week I worked on the starter town. To start off, I created some more insides of buildings. Pictured below is the inside of the Adventurer Guild building. In this building players will be able to accept quests using the new quest system I implemented last week. With this building, the Starter Town of Weiss gets closer to being complete. In addition, I also began to populate the town creating NPCs with some dialogue. While the NPC's are rather simple now, I hope to add more complexity to them by adding different behaviors and dialogue options.

Moving on, I also finished and implemented the shopping system of the game, which I have been procrastinating for quite some time now. As you can see below the system is heavily inspired off the shop system in WOW. With the system you can buy, sell, and buyback items from multiple vendors. In addition every vendor will have their own special items you can purchase for a limited time. These special items will change as time passes so buy them when you can!

With the shop system in place, most of the planned/intended features have now been implemented and I am now making the transition to content creations/ story development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...