Monday, January 1, 2018

12/31/17 Development Update


Happy new year and welcome back to another development update. For this week I've been working on a few systems and I am glad to say that I am inching closer to finishing most of the in game systems and mechanics that I want to have in the game. 

I guess the first big update this week has been the Arcana system. To start it off, the sprites I had commissioned for the casting animations were completed and I have successfully added them. Along with the new animations, I have several cards working now as well.

The next is an idea I have been toying with for a few weeks. It became readily apparent when players playtested as well as when I played myself that just killing monsters in the dungeons can get a little boring, especially when rooms layouts and monsters are repeated. So this week I also worked on diversifying the dungeons a bit more. This includes rooms that aren't completely flat as well as planning for puzzles/minigames to break up the monotony of killing monsters.

Lastly, I've been slowly updating the UI of the game. The main thing this week that has changed about the UI is a menu on the top right corner of the screen that allows players to access the in game menu, quests, etc. 

That's all for this week! I look forward to continue working on this project in 2018! I'll leave this week with a video on how the gameplay looks now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...