Monday, December 25, 2017

12/24/17 Development Update

Hello and welcome back to another development update. With the holidays, I am sad to say that I didn't get too much done due to travel and events. But, this time really allowed me to do some thinking about where and what I want to do with this game moving forward into 2018. So let's start with some art updates. First the cover picture is going well, here's a photo of the progress:

I also had some sprite work done, which lead me to my next point: How many more sprite bases I want done per main character. This was a question that I was unsure of for quite some time, but after some thought I think I have a better grasp on what I want. Currently, when the player attacks or cast spells there really isn't an sprite animation for it, I have decided that I want to animate the sprite in order to give the attacks more of an 'impact'. On that note that means that the player's weapon will probably no longer change sprites based on weapons. This decision will make the game cost more to make but I think it will definitely make it look better!

Moving on from sprites, I want to talk about the last systems that still need to be implemented. They are the game menu, which includes changing settings and all that jazz, as well as the 'Hero Soul' system which will act as the character progression mechanism in conjunction with the deck building and items. I'll talk more about these final systems as I work on the more!

I don't want to sound too winded, so I'll stop here for now. I'll divulge more information as I work on these systems. I am excited to keep working on this game, Let's get a lot done this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...