Sunday, December 17, 2017

12/17/17 Development Update



Hello and welcome back to another development update. Let's start this week with a sketch of some game art I am having done for me by an artist called Eadgear (Check out his work!). It shows all the main characters all in one nice cover scene!

The main focus of this week was asset creation. Mainly it was a continuation from a past week's work where I made the parallax map for the town's inn. This week I created 3 more parallaxes, the town weapon store, the town magic shop and the town alchemy shop, which are the steps towards my goal of allowing players to actually walk into buildings. I am still kind of new to parallaxing, but I am happy how these 3 turned out. 

This is the weapon and armor shop. Currently, this shop is mainly meant to sell the player weapon and armor.

Above is the magic shop, this shop will allow the player to purchase Arcana, which is the resource used to craft Arcana Cards, the spell-casting feature of my game. This shop will also allow players to craft and disenchant cards as well as edit their Arcana Decks!

 The Alchemy shop sells crafting materials used to upgrade potions. Below is an example of the alchemy stand interface, which allows players to craft, unlock and equip potions. Potions are another thing players will be able to customize, as each potion has a unique effect.

Moving forward, I'd like to test the new tutorial level, as well as implement smaller tutorials to teach player how to use the systems offered by the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...