Monday, December 11, 2017

12/10/17 Development Update

Welcome back to another weekly update! This week, I had some playtesting done on the tutorial level and spent much of this week fixing and editing the tutorial level.

The biggest thing so far changed is the idea of less text and more play/visuals. I noticed people were not reading the tutorial messages leading them to mostly be confused on what to do. So to fix that I added more visuals to lead the player, such as chat bubbles and arrow indicators. On that note, the tutorial level is now done, though it will still need some more testing.


Additionally I finally added diagonal movement to the character, which involved an overhaul of the old system of movement. It definitely feels much smoother to play now, and hopefully will give players more options to maneuver their character.

Finally the last thing major thing I implemented was the projectile deflection mechanic. Some projectiles can now be deflected back to sender, which will hopefully reward players for their good timing. With projectile deflection, I'm also establishing a general mechanic where dull red projectiles cannot be interacted with, red projectiles can be, and blue projectiles being interacted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...