Sunday, February 18, 2018

2/19/18 Development Update

Hi, welcome back to another weekly update. Let's get right down to it, this week is a continuation of last week's work to bring controller support to my game. As of right now, support for using player inventory including all menus associated with the inventory has been implemented. Additionally, support for interacting with special rooms, ie Arcana Fonts and treasure chests have also been implemented.

On that note, I ran into an interesting design problem on how to transition the mouse targeting Arcana spells to the controller. Last week, I had a script that emulated the mouse cursor, but have decided to discontinue that idea due to problems with compatibility. Instead, I came up with my own solution to the problem that works virtually the same if not better than the last version. Additionally, I've begun to work on bringing support to the major shop menus as well as the deck building menu and talent menus. In short, bringing controller support to my game is moving along pretty smoothly all things considered, but there is still more work to be done.

I also had another presentation of my game at a demo night, which went pretty well. I got some more people testing as well as giving me some interesting ideas to toy around with. More on that next week hopefully.

Not really much else to report this week. It's really been retrofitting my old controls and UI to support the controller. ^_^"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...