Sunday, February 25, 2018

2/25/18 Development Update

Hello all, and welcome to another development update. For this week, I chose to focus on a few things. The first of course being controller support. This week, support has been added to the game menus which includes functionality for the quest menus, spellbook and bestiary. You can now use the controller to scroll and select items in each of these game menus. Additionally, functionality has also been added to the special rooms, which include treasure chests and Arcana fonts along with all the tooltips associated with them. With these changes, most if not all of the combat dungeon crawling elements now have controller support. Yay! Moving forward I will also begin working on the other interfaces in the game namely the hero soul system, the deck building system, alchemy system and shop.

Next, I have also begun concepting and designing a new boss fight for the Mier Mines dungeon. As of right now I have implemented about half of the fight and I have to say it's looking good! Though it is still a little soon to say, I'll just have to wait and see how all the mechanics interplay with each other when I'm ready to test the fight.

Finally, I had more animations done for the currently implemented character, Cecilia. She now has fully animated spear dashes. On that note I've also begun talking with my artist in order to create other characters to help with another feature I am looking forward to adding, the companion system. More on that later when I begin working on it.

That's it for this week! See you guys next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hero Soul: I want to be a Hero!

Hello! My name is Ryan and I am making this blog to document and show off a game I am working on tentatively called  Hero Soul: I want to be...